Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS)
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection for people with Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS)
- Also Known as: PWS
- Linked with: Obesity, dwarfism, hypotonia, hypogonadism, type 2 diabetes, heart failure, sleep apnoea, scoliosis, osteoporosis, cellulitis, psychosis, long-sightedness, short-sightedness, tooth decay
- Possible Symptoms: Constantly feeling of hunger, weight gain, restricted growth, learning difficulties
Life Insurance for people with Prader-Willi Syndome is unlikely to be available with standard life insurers. Most people will need to arrange the Life Insurance with specialist providers who are able to consider the application. We would strongly recommend that you speak to an insurance adviser before arranging Life Insurance, so that they can fully detail what you are and are not covered for with the policy.
Critical Illness Cover
For most people with Prader-Willi Syndrome, Critical Illness Cover is unlikely to be unavailable in the standard insurance market. It may be possible to arrange Critical Illness Cover with specialist insurers, but it is essential that you fully understand what the policy does and does not cover.
Unfortunately in most circumstances people with Prader-Willi Syndrome are often not able to have Income Protection insurance.
An alternative is to look into an Accident, Sickness and Unemployment (ASU) policy. This policy will pay a claim if you become unable to work because of a disability, involuntary redundancy or long term injury. If you are unable to work because of a disability, involuntary redundancy or long term injury, you may be eligible for income replacement. This is a short term policy that lasts between 12-24 months and is not medically underwritten at the time of application. Any claims that you make on this policy will exclude your inability to work based on PWS. You must also be working a minimum 16 hours per week to be eligible for this cover.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you