Insurance for Diabetics
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
When you are arranging insurance one of the key things that you are going to be asked is if you have any medical conditions.
Type 1 and type 2 diabetics will need to detail their condition to the insurer that they approach for life insurance, critical illness cover, income protection and for some private medical insurance.
Insurers are likely to want to know:
- When were you diagnosed with diabetes?
- Are you a type 1 or type 2 diabetic?
- What was your latest HbA1C reading and when was this taken?
- What is your blood pressure and when was the last reading taken?
- What is your latest cholesterol reading?
- What is your height and weight?
- What medications do you take?
- Are you on insulin injections?
- Do you have any associated complications like diabetic retinopathy?
These are the main questions that an insurer will want to know the answers to before they can give you a clear indication as to what insurances they can offer you.
Life Insurance – widely accepted, provided that the condition is well controlled.
Critical Illness Cover – options are limited, some type 2 diabetics may be able to access this policy type on the standard market, type 1 diabetics and the majority of type 2 diabetics will need to apply for specialist policies.
Income Protection – limited options, cover may be restricted to short-term claim policies depending upon your circumstances.
Private Medical Insurance – generally available, the majority of plans will exclude any claims related to the diabetes.
If you would like to view our Advent Calendar, click Here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you